Should you encounter problems logging in with Touch ID, please ensure the feature is enabled on your device and that you’re using the same finger you normally unlock it with.
If you’ve previously used touch ID on our app, you’ll need to re-enable it if:
- Touch ID/fingerprint has not been used on the device in the last 48 hours.
- Our app has not been used in the last 10 days.
- The device has been restarted or reset since the last time Touch ID was used.
- Our app requires updating to the latest version.
Which devices support fingerprint login?
- Touch ID is available on the iPhone 5S and later models. Please note that your operating system must be iOS 8 or later.
- To use fingerprint login on Android, your device must be running version 6.0 or later.
- Please note that this feature will only work on devices with a functioning fingerprint sensor.
How do I enable fingerprint login on my device?
- For iOS devices, go to Settings > Touch ID. You can then enable Touch ID and store your fingerprint before returning to the app to log in.
- For Android devices, go to Settings > Security > Fingerprint. You can then return to our app and log in.
- Some Android devices word this slightly differently, so keep an eye out for anything that says fingerprint.
What happens to my username and password if I enable Touch ID/fingerprint?
Your username and password remain valid and can still be used instead. When you get a prompt for Touch ID/fingerprint login, select 'Cancel' to return to the standard process.
How do I set up or remove Touch ID/fingerprint for my Virgin Bet account?
- When logging in to the app for the first time, you’ll see a message stating 'Log in with Touch ID/fingerprint next time?'.
- If Touch ID/fingerprint is enabled on your device, this is automatically ticked. Untick the box if you don’t wish to log in this way.
- Once you’ve logged in with your username and password, you’ll be prompted to place your finger on the scanner to confirm your fingerprint.
- The next time you log in, you can use that fingerprint instead.
Do you store my fingerprints?
No, the details are stored on the device and are not held by us. The device determines if the fingerprint is accurate and interacts with our app to allow access.
Can I enable Touch ID for multiple devices?
Yes, you can set up Touch ID for the same Virgin Bet account on multiple devices. But please remember that the login process is based on the fingerprint associated with each device, not each Virgin Bet account.
How do I ensure the app is secure?
Like all apps using the technology, Touch ID/fingerprint login relies on the fingerprints you’ve stored on your device. If you’ve stored someone else's fingerprint on the device, that person would be able to access our app. Essentially, it would be the same as giving them your password, so please ensure you’re the only person with access to the app at all times.
If you want to disable Touch ID on your device, please use the following instructions:
Navigate to Settings > Touch ID and disable the Touch ID feature.
Navigate to Settings > Security > Fingerprint and disable the fingerprint feature.
If you need assistance, please click here to see our contact details.
Should you prefer to use social media, tweet @VirginBetHelp.