What's a subject access request?
Under data protection law, individuals have the right to obtain a copy of the information held about them by any organisation processing their personal data. This includes:
- Confirmation that their data is being processed
- Why, where, how and with whom we're processing and sharing their personal data
- Access to their personal data
Please click here for further information.
How can I request this?
To request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, by completing our webform here.
When doing so, please include the following:
- Your full name
- A description of the data you’re requesting (transaction/gaming history, contact details, etc) and any preferred date range
- Your username, registered email address and contact details
- ID documents to confirm your identity to ensure we only share your personal data with you
Please provide as many details as possible, including (where relevant) date ranges, specifics of the information you’re seeking and the reason for the request.
Remember, it may be possible to find the desired information without a subject access request. Many aspects of the account information and history can be found in the ‘My account’ section or by contacting our customer support team.
How long will a subject access request take to process?
From when we receive a valid request, it can take up to one month to process. Where requests are unfounded or excessive, in particular because they’re repetitive, we reserve the right to:
- Charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information
- Decide not to respond if we have done so previously
In either case, we will notify you within one month about our decision.
Within one month of receiving your request, providing we’ve successfully verified your identity, we’ll send the requested information or explain why we’re unable to supply it.
If you need assistance, please click here to see our contact details.
Should you prefer to use social media, tweet @VirginBetHelp.