What is cash out?
Cash out puts you in control of your bets by allowing you to take some profit before the event has finished, or get some of your stake back if the bet isn’t going to plan. It’s available on pre-match and in-play markets on a wide range of sports, with single and multiple bets included.
To check whether the facility is available, go to the ‘My bets’ section of your account once you’ve placed a bet and look for the cash out button next to your bet(s). Alternatively, check the cash out tab for qualifying bets.
How do I cash out?
To cash out a bet you’ve placed, navigate to the ‘My bets’ section of your account and click the cash out toggle button. A complete list of bets available for cash out will then appear.
The cash out offer amount for your bet (if available) will be displayed, so all you have to do when you’re ready to proceed is click the cash out button and confirm your choice.
After a short pause, the button will change to display ‘Accepted’. The funds will then show on your account balance and the bet in question will be moved to your settled bets history.
Can I use cash out on bets placed with a free bet?
To check whether the facility is available, go to the ‘My bets’ section of your account once you’ve placed a bet and look for the cash out button next to your bet(s). Please note that cash out will not be available if the cash out value would be lower than the value of the free bet.
How is my cash out value calculated?
When you place a qualifying bet with us and cash out is available to you, the amount you’re offered is calculated using an algorithm to determine the relative value of your bet in real time.
Some of the factors taken into consideration are:
- The original odds of your selection(s)
- The current odds of your selection(s)
- What’s happening in the event
What happens to my bet when I cash out?
When you cash out a bet, the funds immediately appear in your account. As soon as you confirm your wish to cash out, the bet in question is settled in full and no further options apply.
Do my total winnings include my stake?
As with any bet you place, your winnings include your stake. The cash out amount is always calculated based on the potential total returns of a bet, so your stake would always be included.
Why is there a delay when I click cash out?
Any bet with the option to cash out is based upon a live event. If a cash out offer is made available to you and you're able to click the cash out button, you’ll experience a short delay after doing so. This slight pause allows our systems to ensure you receive the correct amount on the bet.
If the cash out button is greyed out or unavailable, it usually means something has happened within your bet to require the cash out value to be recalculated. As soon as this has been done, the cash out offer will be available for you to claim.
Why can’t I cash out?
Cash out may not be available for a number of reasons. The most common scenarios are:
- Cash out is not offered on the event or market you’ve bet on.
- The event has started and is not traded in-play, or coverage has been lost during the event.
- Your selection has slipped to 100/1 or greater.
- The market is suspended in-play.
- Trading decision.
We endeavour to offer cash out on as many markets and events as possible and for as long as possible once an event has gone into play. But we cannot guarantee the feature will be available on all of your bets.
Terms and conditions
- Cash out is available only on selected markets and sports. Perm/permutation and each-way bets are not eligible for cash out. Ante-post and SP bets are not eligible for cash out.
- Cash out values will not include the stake part of a free bet.
- Bets that when placed triggered another free bet will not be eligible to cash out. Cash out returns in bets that involve free bets do not include the free bet stake. Cashed out bets do not contribute to any cumulative offers.
- Virgin Bet standard bet acceptance and settlement rules apply. We also reserve the right to correct obvious errors and settle bets at the correct odds, including in the unlikely instance that a cash out value has been incorrectly offered.
- Where there is evidence that a customer has taken advantage of any latency in Virgin Bet's odds offering, we reserve the right to indefinitely suspend the account and prevent the customer from using the facility in future.
Should you prefer to use social media, tweet @VirginBetHelp.