How can I take part in the welcome offer?
If you are reading this for the first time then - welcome to Virgin Bet! Just read through the frequently asked questions around our Welcome Offer below.
To take part you just need to do the following:
- Make a first deposit of £10 or more.
- Then place your qualifying bet which is classed as any of the following:
- Place a single cash bet with odds of 1/2 (1.5) or more (Each-way bets do not count).
- Or alternatively place an accumulator with 1/100 (1.01) per selection.
- Or place a multiple bet with odds greater than 1/100 (1.01) per selection.
When will my Welcome Offer be credited?
Your free bets will be credited once your qualifying bet has been settled. Once free bets are accepted, customers have a further 14 days to use them.
Do I have to contact to get my free bets added?
You won't have to get in touch with us. If you've done the above, then the bets will be auto credited upon settlement.
How do I accept the free bets?
Once your qualifying bet has been settled you should receive a pop-up for each of your free bets. Once you accept your welcome offer free bets, they will be in your account in around 60 seconds.
Note: The bonus pop-ups are only available on the 'My bets' and 'Promotions' pages.
Further Welcome Offer information:
How do I know if I’ve qualified for the welcome offer?
To see whether you have any bonuses to use, press the 'More' button on the bottom nav and then the 'Bonuses' button under 'Quick links'.
This page will detail any available bonuses, their value and expiry dates. Click on the ellipsis to show your free bet restrictions.
How do I accept my welcome offer free bets?
Head to the 'My bets' page from the bottom nav and your bonus pop-ups will appear. You'll need to accept each free bet individually for it to be put into your account.
How do I use my welcome offer free bets?
Once you've accepted your welcome offer free bets, they'll be waiting for you to use in your bet slip. Add your selection to your bet slip as usual and you'll see a message stating that a free bet is available. Press on this message to select your free bet and then tap press 'Place bet'.
Can I use my welcome offer free bets on accas?
The welcome offer free bets are available to use on any single selection with odds above 1/100. This includes singles and accas' but not multiples.
Can I use both welcome offer free bets on the same selection?
Each free bet must be used on its own, meaning they must be placed separately. But you can place two bets on the same selection, with each using one of your welcome offer free bets.
Can I top up a free bet with additional cash for a bigger bet?
Each free bet must be used on its own without additional cash or free bets. But you can place two bets on the same selection — one using a free bet and one using cash.
Can I split my £10 free bet into two bets of £5?
No, each free bet must be used in its entirety and cannot be split into smaller denominations.
Can I withdraw my free bet?
No, your free bet cannot be withdrawn, but any winnings from bets placed with your free bet will be awarded as cash and are available to withdraw.
Do my free bet winnings have any wagering requirements?
No, any winnings from bets placed with your free bet will be awarded as cash and are available to withdraw.
Why did my bet not qualify for the welcome offer?
Each promotion we run has its own qualification criteria, as set out in its terms and conditions. If your bet did not meet the qualification criteria it will not be eligible for the offer.
The welcome offer has the following qualification criteria:
- New customers only
- £10 minimum deposit and bet (£5 each-way bet will not count)
- Bet placed and placed at odds of 1/2 or greater within 14 days of sign-up
What does it mean if my bet says ‘Free bet expired’?
Once your free bet has been used, our bet slip takes a few seconds to update your list of available free bets. You'll get this message if you try to place a bet with a free bet you've already used.
Terms & Conditions
PLEASE NOTE: these Rules were last updated on 5th March 2020, and shall be effective from 11:00 on 27 February 2020. Please click here for the version of the Rules applicable to you if you registered with Virgin Bet between 17:00 on 17 September 2019 and 10:59 on 27 February 2020.
1. If you are a new Member of Virgin Bet, you will be eligible for our ‘Bet £10, Get £20 in Free Bets’ offer (“Welcome Offer”), subject to these Rules.
2. To be eligible for this Welcome Offer, you must:
a. be 18 years of age or over;
b. be a resident of, and physically located in, Great Britain;
c. register as a Member of Virgin Bet and accept the Virgin Bet Terms and Conditions ;
d. make a first deposit of £10 or more; and
e. within 14 days of your registration as a Member, place a “Qualifying Bet”, which is a bet of £10 or more in one go on Virgin Bet sportsbook that:
- settles within the same 14-day period;
- is placed in cash;
- is placed at minimum odds of 1/2 (decimal price 1.5); and
- if an accumulator or a multiple bet, has odds greater than 1/100 (decimal price 1.01) per selection.
3. Qualifying Bets must be made as a minimum £10 in one go and only the ‘win’ part of your bet will count, i.e. two £5 bets each-way (with a total stake of £10) will not be a Qualifying Bet, whereas with a £10 each-way bet (a total stake of £20), £10 would count and therefore would be a Qualifying Bet.
4. If you make a Qualifying Bet, you may claim £20 in free bets, which will consist of two £10 free bet token(s) (“Free Bet Token/s”), subject to the requirements and restrictions applicable to Free Bet Tokens as set out below.
5. If your Qualifying Bet is cancelled, voided or ‘cashed out’, you will not be eligible for the Free Bet Token/s in respect of that bet, but you will be able to place another Qualifying Bet.
6. When you qualify for Free Bet Token/s, a pop-up notification (the “Notification”) will be displayed when you are logged into your Member account providing you with the option to accept or reject the Free Bet Token/s. This Notification will usually be displayed within 24 hours of the settlement of your Qualifying Bet. In the case of technical difficulties, please allow up to 72 hours for this Notification to be displayed from the settlement of your Qualifying Bet. If the Notification has not been displayed within these timeframes, you may contact our Customer Service Team.
7. Free Bet Tokens:
a. must be accepted whilst logged into your Member account within 7 days of the date of the Notification is made available to you, otherwise shall expire. Upon acceptance, the Free Bet Token/s will be credited to your Member account automatically;
b. must be used within 7 days of acceptance, otherwise shall expire and be removed from your Member account;
c. must be used within 7 days of acceptance, otherwise shall expire and be removed from your Member account;
d. may be used to bet on sportsbook only and cannot be used to wager on Games;
e. may only be used to place a bet of the same value as the applicable Free Bet Token, and cannot be used to placed a succession of bets of lower value;
f. may only be used one at a time (and separate bets must be placed to redeem any multiple Free Bet Tokens awarded, where applicable);
g. may only be used at odds of 1/100 or greater;
h. may only be used to place a single selection bet or an accumulator bet with two or more selections, so are not valid for use on multiple bets such as Lucky 15s;
i. cannot be used on each-way bets;
j. cannot be used to claim any Bonus;
k. cannot be withdrawn as cash; and
l. will not be returned as a stake on a winning bet.
8. Where a restriction is applied to your Member account under section 11.6 of the Virgin Bet Terms and Conditions or your eligibility to receive the Bonus offered as part of this promotion is otherwise reduced by us under section 7.a. of the Bonus Rules (an “Account Restriction”) after you have placed a Qualifying Bet (where placed before we have notified you of the Account Restriction), you may contact our Customer Service Team to obtain the full number and expected value of any Bonus that you should have been awarded under this promotion, where altered or removed by such Account Restriction. This Rule is subject to our obligations to apply restrictions to Bonuses as necessary to prevent money laundering, fraud or similar unlawful behaviour as set out in the Virgin Bet Terms and Conditions.
9. You can only take part in this promotion once. If we detect that any Member has created more than one account (including in order to take part in this promotion multiple times, in breach of these Rules), or is claiming any Bonuses or taking part in this promotion for the benefit of a group of people, we shall be entitled to close any such accounts (and void any Bonuses, bets, refunds and/or related winnings).
10. You can only take part in a maximum of one of our Welcome Offers or any other promotions restricted to new Members of Virgin Bet sportsbook or casino as made available from time to time.
11. Any Member who is self-excluded will not be eligible to participate. Members who self-exclude: (i) during the timeframe of this promotion, or (ii) after the timeframe of this promotion but before any Bonus is credited, will not be eligible to win or receive any Bonus.
12. Your deposit balance (excluding any non-withdrawable Bonuses such as Free Bet Tokens) and winnings (if any) are withdrawable at any time during this promotion, subject to our rights to temporarily withhold payments as further set out in section 5.6 of the Virgin Bet Terms and Conditions.
13. If you opt to participate in this promotion, you agree to comply with these Rules, the Bonus Rules and the Virgin Bet Terms and Conditions at all times. If (based on reasonable evidence) we find that you have seriously breached any of these terms, we may render Bonuses, bets, refunds and/or related winnings in your Member account void, and we reserve the right to close your Member account.