Account verification is a legal requirement all our customers must pass. We may need to verify the date of birth, address and/or payment methods of our customers if we've not been able to do so externally. In order to verify this information, we’ll require colour pictures of relevant documents.
If you're making a withdrawal, we may need to see a copy of the payment method you've used. We’ll email to let you know the documents we require and you'll also see a message on the withdrawal page.
What documents can I use to verify my date of birth?
We can typically accept a photograph or scan of one of the following:
- Driving licence (the front of the photocard)
- Provisional driving licence (the front of the photocard)
- Passport (complete picture of the ID/photo page)
- Birth certificate (complete picture of the whole certificate, as long as it’s in your current name
- UK residence permit (the front and back of the card)
Remember, we need to see the entire document in one single picture. Please ensure all writing is visible and nothing has been cut off the image. It helps to take the photograph directly above the document, in good light, on a flat surface.
What documents do I need to verify my address?
To verify your address we’ll require an image of a utility bill (electricity, council tax, phone or another service linked to your address) or a bank statement. Please note that any bill used for identification purposes must be dated within the last three months.
Your picture should clearly display the the following details:
- Full name
- Letterhead/address of the company issuing the bill
- Date (within the last three months)
- You can also take a screenshot of an online bank statement
What documents do I need to verify my bank details?
We need an image of a document dated within the last three months, which can be a letter from your bank, a bank statement or a page from your online banking. The image needs to show the following:
- Account holder's name
- Sort code
- Bank account number
- Bank's letterhead/logo
In some cases, we may need to verify your payment method. Should this be the case, we will require an image of the front of your chosen bank card. You can block out the middle eight digits for security, but we need to be able to see the following:
- The first and last four digits of the long card number
- The cardholder’s name
- The expiry date
Please note that you don't need to send an image of the back of your card. As stated earlier, you also aren't required to send one showing the middle eight digits from the long number on the front.
Checks to ensure your ID meets the standards
- We need to see the whole document in one single picture with all edges visible.
- Please ensure all writing is visible and nothing has been cut off the image.
- Take the photograph directly above the document, in good light, on a flat surface.
- The image is in focus and clear.
If you need assistance, please click here to see our contact details.
Should you prefer to use social media, tweet @VirginBetHelp.