To clear your temporary internet files and cookies on Internet Explorer, follow these instructions:
- Open 'Internet Explorer'.
- Click on the 'Tools' menu from the top right of the browser window. This is a cog symbol below the 'X'.
- Click on 'Safety' from the drop-down menu, then 'Delete browsing history' at the top of the next menu that appears.
- A box entitled 'Delete browsing history' will pop up in the middle of the screen. Make sure the top four boxes from the list are ticked, then click 'Delete'.
- Close all open browser windows before reopening Internet Explorer.
What should I do if these steps do not apply?
These steps apply to the most recent version of Internet Explorer. If you’re using an older version, the method may be different. Please click on the 'Tools' menu, select 'About Internet Explorer' and check the version you're using, which should be IE9 or above. To ensure you’re always running the latest version, select 'Install new versions automatically’ on the 'About Internet Explorer' page.
If you'd like to try another browser instead, we find Chrome and Firefox are most compatible.
If you prefer to use social media, tweet @VirginBetHelp.